Monday, July 13, 2015

My house cleaning polocies

Due to an overwhelming amount of people not complying with my policies and procedures I decided to write about it.

Please understand that it is impossible for me to fill your cleaning spot if proper notice isn't given. If you call (or most often text) me after 5pm the day before your cleaning to cancel that leaves me with no choice but to cut down my hours and not fall into budget because I more than likely won't find someone to take your cleaning spot that late in the day.

Too many times I get text messages at 8:30pm, 10pm, midnight even. Seriously? This is my only income and I need to be able to fill your cleaning spot if you need to cancel so that I can meet my quota to pay for my living expenses (I have a house, a car, and kids to support like everyone else)

That is why I have a cancellation policy: If at least 24 hours notice isn't given for cancellation there will be a fee in the amount of $40

I cannot waive this fee no matter what the reason. I am extremely customer oriented so most of the time I look passed it, hoping they won't do it again. But then I've notice if I let it slide they do it more often, and it really becomes a habit. Texting me first at 6pm, then 8pm, then 10pm...and later and later...and you see where this is going? It has even got so late to where they wouldn't tell me at all, then I'd show up to an empty locked house and call them for them to tell me 'I'm on vacation and forgot to mention it' so now not only am I out on the money I needed and depended on, I'm also out the gas and time it took me to drive the 40 minutes to your home and then the 40 minute drive back.

So this is why I cannot waive this fee. That happened with a year old client, so even if you are normally a faithful reliable client, I cannot negotiate or bend on this policy.


That green cleaning lady in Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.peachycleantulsa.com